Why has my Pool Float deflated?
Don't worry, a deflated pool float is a common concern and usually comes down to two reasons:
Temperature Changes: Just like a balloon, a pool float can change size with the weather! Warm air can make the float expand, while cooler air can make it shrink. So if it's less puffy than before, it might just be impacted by the weather.
Wear and Tear: All that fun in the sun means your pool float works hard. Over time, it may develop small nicks and tears that can let out the air.
How do I repair a leak using a patch?
Fixing a leak in your pool float is a breeze! Just follow these steps:
- Before starting the repair, ensure the float is completely dry.
- Cut a piece of the repair patch so that it's slightly larger than the tear, ideally by about three-quarters of an inch all around.
- Trim the corners of the patch to create a rounded shape. This helps the patch stick properly and prevents the corners from peeling off.
- Place the patch directly over the hole and press down firmly to ensure it adheres well.
- Place a weight on the patch to keep it flat and secure while the adhesive sets.
- Avoid inflating the float for at least one hour to allow the patch enough time to bond strongly.
How can I prevent my pool float from deflating?
To keep your pool float in tip-top shape, here are a few easy tips:
- Every so often, give your float a once-over to spot any wear or damages early on.
- When you're not using it, store your float somewhere cool and dry. Try to keep it out of the sun when it's not in use to avoid damage.
- Don't over-inflate and follow the guidelines to avoid putting too much pressure on your float.
How do I store my Pool Float?
To make sure your pool float stays in great shape while not in use, follow these simple steps:
- Before you put your pool float away, ensure it's 100% dry to fend off any mold or mildew, which can really do a number on the material.
- Once it's dry, fold or roll it up neatly. Be gentle to avoid any sharp folds or creases that could cause wear or damage.
- Find a cool, shaded spot for storage. Sunlight is the enemy here—it can break down the material over time.
Store Indoors: An indoor spot like a garage or a spare room is ideal for keeping your float safe from the weather elements, ensuring it's ready to use when pool season rolls back around.
How do I care for my Pool Float?
Caring for your pool float is easy and can greatly extend its life. Here's what you should do:
- Regularly take a close look at the seams and valves of your pool float for any small tears or leaks. Catching these issues early can save you from bigger problems down the line.
- After enjoying your float, give it a good rinse with clean water to wash away any pool chemicals, salt, or debris. These can wear down the material over time if not removed.
- Before you put your pool float away, make sure it's completely dry. This is key in preventing any unsightly mould or mildew and maintaining the integrity of the float for many summers to come.
Does the Pool Float come with an Air Pump?
Yes, every one of our pool floats comes with an electric air pump for your convenience. This pump is easy to use, comes with clear instructions, and has the ability to both inflate and deflate your pool floats. So you'll be all set to get your float pool-ready or pack it away with ease!
For operations instructions, please refer to User Guide and Safety Manual here
How durable is my Pool Float?
Your pool float is built to last! Made with TPU inflatable fabric, it's not only strong but also designed to handle up to 120 kg (264.5 lb). Here's what makes it durable:
- It keeps its shape beautifully, even when stretched or bent.
- Regular use? No problem. It's made to take it.
- Chlorine won't break it down.
- It won't soak up water, making it easy to dry and store.
- It stays inflated longer, so you can spend more time relaxing and less time pumping air.
- Designed with your safety and comfort in mind for a worry-free float.
Is the cover removable and washable?
Absolutely! The cover of your pool float is designed for convenience – it's removable and machine washable. Just use a gentle cycle to keep it fresh and clean.
Is my Pool Float covered under Warranty?
Yes, your pool float comes with a 1-year warranty. For more detailed information, please visit our warranty information page here