Buying furniture is an investment, and when it comes to purchasing a leather piece, the type of leather used can significantly influence the look, feel, and longevity of the furniture. King Living offers an array of leather options that deliver both beauty and durability. Each leather type has been carefully chosen and extensively tested to ensure it can withstand the rigours of everyday use.
Below are some of the leather options available from King Living, offering insights into their origins, finishes, and performance.
Leather options available
It's important to understand some basic leather terminology, before making your choice:
Top Grain Leather: The uppermost layer of the hide, this type of leather is known for its durability and high quality. It is often corrected or sanded to eliminate natural imperfections and achieve a more uniform appearance.
Full Grain Leather: The most premium type of leather, full grain includes the entire thickness of the hide, retaining the inherent imperfections and grain patterns. It's known for its durability and breathability and develops a beautiful patina over time.
Semi-Aniline Leather: This type of leather is dyed using soluble dyes without covering the surface with a topcoat paint or insoluble pigments. It retains the hide's natural surface, offering a balance between durability and the authentic look of pure leather.
Choose from our Premium Leather Selection
1. Roma: Made in Italy from hides sourced across Australia, New Zealand, and Europe, Roma is a low maintenance, top grain corrected leather. It maintains its natural texture with a refined, uniform finish and is treated with coloured pigments for added protection. This makes Roma a classic, hardworking leather option.
2. Origin: Origin is a luxurious, top grain corrected leather made in Italy from hides sourced exclusively across Australia and New Zealand. It's hard-wearing, soft to the touch, and has a full-bodied thickness, double that of most leathers. The colour permeates through the entire hide, providing a uniform finish.
3. NU Touch: NU Touch is a soft, velvety 100% full grain semi-aniline leather. Made in Italy from New Zealand hides, it's durable and hard-wearing. The buffed grain creates the matte finish of nubuck leather without the maintenance, and a pigmented protective coating adds resistance.
4. Prestige: A classic full grain semi-aniline leather, Prestige is made in Italy from oxen hides. It retains the character of the original hide, meaning each piece is unique. Drum-dyed for deep colour, a light pigment finish protects the refined buttery texture, making Prestige a true expression of casual elegance.
5. TrueTouch: Exclusively available at King Living and made in Germany, TrueTouch is a classic semi-aniline, 100% full grain leather. Supplied by the same legendary tannery that provides leather for Rolls-Royce, it's water and stain repellent. TrueTouch ages beautifully, developing a refined patina over time, and proudly exhibits the unique characteristics of each individual hide.
This guide offers a snapshot of King Living's leather selection. To view or place an order for leather swatches click here or visit our Showrooms where our experienced staff can guide you through the selection process.
Please note that colour reproduction can vary across different monitors, so the colours you see online may not perfectly match the actual leather.